Wednesday 15 April 2015

Haajir Ho - 2.



When I joined the court in 2010 my senior told me that whenever you are in the court room always have your eyes on the Judge/bench so that you can understand how he is reacting and behaving in a given case/situation. It will help you when you get a chance to argue before him. OBSERVE is the message!

Accordingly, I started observing the Judges which has helped me immensely to ascertain What to argue, when to argue, what not to argue, which line of argument particular judge hates etcetera. The Court Craftsmanship or the Art of Advocacy is effective communication to the canvas of the mind through the artwork of four brushes, effective speaking, effective writing, effective reading and effective listening. Nowadays, Smartphone captivates your attention from the arguments and you fail to listen what the Opponent is canvassing.

In 2011 I went abroad for my higher studies. I came back and what I have seen in the courtroom gave me a shock and surprise. In the Court Room where a division bench nested only the Senior Judge and a lawyer were physically and mentally present in that court room all other including respondent lawyers, Bench Clerk, Legal Assistant, Stenographer, Government Pleader all were busy on Screen. They are not at all interested in court room proceedings. The respondent lawyer even didn’t respond to the Judge at the first instance when the judge raised a query to him it was a petitioner lawyer who drew his attention towards the judge!

 

1 comment:

  1. Please provide me a site where i get Passport Office Ahmedabad address or update your page please..

    ReplyDelete